Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Cupcakes

Halloween cupcakes

Poisonous spider cupcakes (because that is scarier and grosser than regular spiders)

Pumpkin cupcakes

Ghost cupcakes

Pumpkin, Spider, and bloody knife cupcakes


I just made some halloween cupcakes that I had to share with you all. I LOVE making cute little decorations out of fondant and such for cupcakes. I know Halloween is fast approaching, and if you are like me, sometimes you just need a little inspiration. 

If I have enough people interested, I can post a tutorial (of some sort) for how I made my decorations. Once you get a decoration down, it is quite easy to replicate them quickly. It always seems to take me the longest to figure out exactly how I am going to make something.

These make GREAT gifts to spread the holiday cheer to friends as well.

Happy baking and Happy Halloween!

Note: If you can do anything crafty, you can probably do things with fondant. It is just like big kid playdough. Half the battle is having the right tools and knowing how to utilize them (like different size cups or different size toothpicks, not the fancy super expensive wilton stuff although those work great too). All it takes is a little practice :)! When I was in college I had the pleasure of working for The Sweet Tooth Fairy (back when they were first getting started and now they were featured and won their episode of Cupcake Wars on Food Network), and learned SO much there. Easily the best job I have ever had! If you live near one, go apply. I couldn't do a thing before working there either, don't worry.


7 comments:

Pinterest